Interesting facts about paper in the workplace:
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the United States and growing at a rate of 22% per year.
- 90% of corporate memory exists on paper.
- The average document gets copied 19 times.
- Companies spend $20.00 in labor to file a document. $120.00 in labor to find a misfiled document and $220.00 in labor to reproduce a lost document..
- 7.5% of all documents get lost, 3% of the remainder get misfiled.
- Of Pages that get handled in the office, 90% are merely shuffled.
- Professionals spend 5%-15% of their time reading information but 50% looking for it.
Why use paper?Source: Coopers & Lybrand
I Own You